Stacey's Reflection Blog

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Gym

Nothing is more important to me than getting in my daily physical activity. I have been going to the gym for over 7 years, and it is truly a passion and addiction of mine. In my eyes, even if I only have time for a 30 minute workout, it's 30 minutes of physical activity I wouldn't have had otherwise. I have fortunately had the opportunity to get there earlier than normal twice this week. And with all of the resolutioners taking ALL of the cardio equipment from around 4 PM until 6 PM, it's been a nice break for me! I can get the treadmill I want, and use the weights that I want without having to wait! To think I just wrote a blog on patience.... :) I have always loved going to the gym around 10:30 in the morning. It's usually dead around that time, and The View starts at 11, which makes for a better workout! I have recently started the workout routine that made me see success back in "the day". I do cardio Monday - Friday, with hopes of doing at least 40 minutes. Wednesday's are devoted entirely to cardio, with hopes of doing at least 60 minutes. On top of the cardio, I do 4 days of weight training. Mondays are for legs (so Chad, if you see me on the machines...leave me be!), Tuesdays are for chest, Thursdays for back and shoulders and Fridays are for arms. Other than my diet, which I'm beginning to battle, I feel great about having started this. In no way is this a resolution for myself. It's forcing myself to feel comfortable and get back into the groove. The best way to create change for yourself, is to believe in yourself. I feel 2009 is the year! I'll keep you posted!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:31 AM, Blogger Chad Geiger said…

    Yaaaaaaaaa 2009!

    It is going to be a good year!

    Look at it this way, machines or not, you are still more active than 70% of the population! Good on you!!!

    Running season is coming! Any races planned yet? I got a few ideas, come find me!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home