Stacey's Reflection Blog

Saturday, February 28, 2009

BRACES!

Alright, so this blog is going to be a bit of a pity party for me. It took me 7 years to finally make the decision to get braces. This is a huge life changing decision. As well as a ridiculous financial investment with no coverage from my benefits. I've been nervous since the time I finally decided to go ahead with it. I was fine at the consult, and then again when I got the photos and moulds of my mouth done. I was fine up until the night before. That night I cried myself to sleep. I woke up and cried. I cried on the way there and even in the chair getting them put on. And then I cried for the rest of the day. It was so traumatic and emotional for me. The only thing that was running through my head really was the fact that I was 25 and single and getting braces. I've had them for almost a week now, and although I've gotten more comfortable with my appearance, it's still been pretty traumatic. If you've never had braces I can't really explain what it feels like to have tender teeth, or metal constantly rubbing up against your cheeks. Not to mention the wires cutting into my cheek constantly. I have honestly never hated brushing my teeth more than I do now. It's an actual 10 minute process including spraying toothpaste all over the mirror and drooling into the sink. It is hard to see the final picture right now, when in two years, I will have PERFECT teeth! Two years doesn't sound like a long time, but this has absolutely been one of the longest weeks of my life. At this moment, I'm a very sad girl. However, the next time I post on this ridiculous topic, I hope I will have better news. So, yes, this was a pity party for me. Every once in awhile we're allowed to have them. I'm in the adjustment phase, and hope I will be feeling better soon...

1 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, Blogger Chad Geiger said…

    WOW! You weren't joking about the bottle of wine before you wrote your next blog, hey?

    Honestly, I wouldn't have even noticed them if you hadn't said anything! You can't even tell.

    As for the brushing the teeth thing, it's kind of a funny mental picture!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home